- Know your medications by name. If you know the name of your medications, you will be able to be sure that you are receiving the right medication each time you get it.
- Ask questions about your medications. Some questions you may have: Why is the tablet a different color this time than it was the last time? What should I do if I miss a dose of the medication? Should I take the medication with food?
- Know what your medications are being used for. If you are aware of what each medication is being used for, it will help you remember to use it appropriately.
- Read medication labels and follow the directions. It is important to follow the directions of each medication carefully to avoid any unwanted side effects.
- Keep your doctors informed of your current medication list. This will help eliminate duplicate medication therapy.
- Keep your complete medication list with you at all times. It is a good idea to also be sure a loved one is aware of the medications you take in order to help you in the case of an emergency.
Jessica Higgins, PharmD
Director of Consultant Services
Holladay Healthcare Pharmacy
Please contact Holladay Pharmacy at 1-800-848-3446 if you have questions.